Choice: one vintage or antique wooden needle holder / storage case for sewing needles, mending repairs / darning egg or mushroom options!
$8.00 – $42.00
One of our dearest friends likes to mend on walks, on the bus, in meetings. A small, efficient kit is key, and perhaps most important is to safeguard needles (or, perhaps, to safeguard our bodies from unexpected encounters with loose needles?). As we begin to spend more time outside of our houses again, let’s take our stitching skills with us, shall we?
With increasing travel in mind, we’ve pulled this listing together around a common theme: traveling needle safety. Some of these items are darners first and needle cases second (secret storage!).
Here are descriptions of the styles we’ve got available as the listing launches (photos are linked to variations for reference). Each case will come with 2 hand sewing needles.
1. Boye wood case: 2.5″ x .5″
2. Primitive wood cylinder case 3″ x 1″
3. 19th century hand-turned folk art treen: 5″ x .75″ (note a small crack in the cap of this 125+ year old piece)
4. handle storage: standing concave darner
5. handle storage: marquetry egg
6. handle storage: darning mushroom
When you purchase this listing, we will send you one case in your chosen style.
• 100% secondhand product + packaging = no new manufacturing emissions
• extending the useful life of existing materials defers recycling/waste/composting emissions.
• shipping orders via ground transit cuts emissions by 90% or more vs air-based shipping (per EPA.gov).
We’re here to help you leverage the energy already embodied in existing goods and materials to minimize your carbon footprint (and ours!).
Wish we were carrying something else you’d like to reuse? Feel free to let us know what that might be.
We’ll do our best to be good to you with this order. Thanks for supporting our work!
|Dimensions||9 × 4 × 4 in|
Boye Needle Case 2", Cylinder Case 3", Folk Art Treen 5", Marquetry Egg Case, Mushroom Case, Standing Darner Case